Friday, October 16, 2009

First few moments in Canada...

............................................................................................ That's what I was thinking when there is a beep in the headphones around my heads.. that was the announcement from the captain of the BA085 flight from London to Vancouver.. I was watching Friends.. My favorite show and Joey was about to crack a joke and the screen went blank.. "This is your captain and we will be landing at Vancouver in 40 mins.." and I opened the window shield that was closed for the darkness in the cabin so that people can sleep.. I saw a thick Ice Cap on the mountains.. and that was the first time I am seeing a Ice Cap Live.. and The next moment my mobile was out in my hands to take a picture of it.. it was Awesome... Felt like just jumping from the flight and play with the ice around... Slowly the flight took and turn and so there is a tilt in the angle and I am on the upper end of the tilt.. Sun rays came inside the cabin from my window.. Everyone saw mw for a second as if I was the one that just switched on the light... but the moment the flight became straight.. they all enjoyed the view as I did..The captain have saved my life.. I was expecting a shout at least from people who are still sleeping..

Slowly the Ice caps are increasing and suddenly I saw a mountain with a small lake on its top.. That may be because of this global warming.. but who cares.. For a moment.. I forgot about the global warming and everything.. I just enjoyed the view.. Water on the top of a mountain circled by small Ice caps... Now I understood why Vancouver was given the best city to live some time back..

so again there was a beep disturbing me.. This time it was the seat belt sign and its just 20 mins more for the touchdown.. The flight slowly decreased the altitude and opened the wing flaps to educe the speed and decent..now I can see the city.. It was same like London where I lived before.. but there is a small difference.. It looked beautiful.. I can see red trees which are about to shed their leaves for this winter wind. I saw a port and a bridge...

The pane landed and I got up to get my hand luggage..slowly came out and said bye to the airhostess finally...a 30 hour journey from Mumbai.. I got tired real tired after long time.. Completed my immigration and came out for a taxi.. Got to hotel and checked in.. Hotel was good.. I liked it.. It is simple.. Thought I was put up at Hilton.. I preferred this place as it has got kitchen.. So I can cook what I want rather than eating what they want me to eat..

Room has got a big Bed.. An AC and bath tub.. which I need mostly... I unpacked the suitcase. took a quick shower and was hungry.. Called the reception and enquired about any restaurant late at that time.. One Chinese across the road..

Got dressed and went into that restaurant.. First thing I saw was live crabs in water... went in and took the menu.. The first item: SNAKE SOUP...WOW.. that’s the most awaited surprise and a good welcome for me from the city....

I had fried rice assuming that there are no snakes or cats in that...

Slept for just 2 hours due to jet lag and watched couple of movies...

That’s it for now.. will update again with few pics of the diwali celebrations my team is planning....

No comments:

Post a Comment